1/1 Photo of Green Curry Chicken
This came from a can of coconut milk I made no changes. It's quick and easy, we eat it weekly and it is so wonderful. If you like curry you will absolutely love this. If you have never tried curry this is a perfect recipe to put you in the "curry lovers club". Just try it- I promise you won't regret it. ***I did not want to change the original recipe, but wanted to note that I actually use 2-3 tbls. of curry, we like it with a lot of heat. Please....adjust the curry to your personal taste*** Also, I find the Mae Ploy brand that can only be found in an asian market is wonderful every time. I have tried curry bought in the grocery store and it is NEVER very good...the Mae Ploy is always potent and fresh tasting and I keep a big tub in my fridge for months and it stays good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried basil (can also use fresh, we prefer dried)
- 1 cup frozen peas (never used canned)
- cooked jasmine rice, in abundance (not included in cook time)
- 1Pour the coconut milk into a saute pan, add the curry and simmer a minute or two.
- 2Add the chicken simmer another few minutes.
- 3Add the everything else except the peas and the jasmine rice and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Try it and if you want it a little hotter add some more curry.
- 5Add the peas and simmer until the peas are tender.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1705.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
green curry paste