This came from a can of coconut milk I made no changes. It's quick and easy, we eat it weekly and it is so wonderful. If you like curry you will absolutely love this. If you have never tried curry this is a perfect recipe to put you in the "curry lovers club". Just try it- I promise you won't regret it. ***I did not want to change the original recipe, but wanted to note that I actually use 2-3 tbls. of curry, we like it with a lot of heat. Please....adjust the curry to your personal taste*** Also, I find the Mae Ploy brand that can only be found in an asian market is wonderful every time. I have tried curry bought in the grocery store and it is NEVER very good...the Mae Ploy is always potent and fresh tasting and I keep a big tub in my fridge for months and it stays good.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 396.89 g can light coconut milk
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 7.39-9.85 ml green curry paste
- 14.79-29.58 ml dried basil (can also use fresh, we prefer dried)
- 236.59 ml frozen peas (never used canned)
- cooked jasmine rice, in abundance (not included in cook time)
- Pour the coconut milk into a saute pan, add the curry and simmer a minute or two.
- Add the chicken simmer another few minutes.
- Add the everything else except the peas and the jasmine rice and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Try it and if you want it a little hotter add some more curry.
- Add the peas and simmer until the peas are tender.
- Serve over rice.
I always add spice to just about any recipe, so I did throw in some crushed red, but this recipe turned out to be excellent. So much better than I hoped. Maybe it was our curry paste, from a local asian market, but this packed flavor and a sweet heat that crept in the back of the throat. Thank you! :]
Absolutely delicious! I bought the curry paste from a regular grocery store so I expected what other reviewers said: not enough spice. But it was mild enough for my guest who doesn't eat spicy food and my 2-year-old loved it as well. I added hot chili oil to the rest of the pot for my husband and myself (still wasn't enough spice for me). My husband actually asked if I made it from scratch. He was very impressed. I didn't have "light" coconut milk so I used regular and I did use fresh basil because I just LOVE basil and the flavor was all there! I will definitely make the extra trip to the asian food mart and see if getting one of their curry brands will make the difference for me in spice. Such an easy, quick, flavorful recipe!
Oops, accidentally posted my review under husband's account! Will try again adding something since our curry paste was so bland and NOT spicy at all!