Recipe by Queenkungfu
The anise in this recipe mimics the flavor of Thai holy basil, and tastefully compliments the spicy heat of green curry. recipe came from "A Taste of Thai" mailing.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 cups day old jasmine rice
- 1 cup diced plum tomato, seeded
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat oil over a high heat. Add onions and stir-fry until they begin to brown.
- Add beans, garlic and anise. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Add shrimp, curry, and fish sauce. Sauté until all ingredients are well coated with curry and shrimp has just barely turned pink.
- Add rice. Stir-fry until ingredients are heated through and well combined.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Season to taste with additional fish sauce or salt and serve immediately.
- Chef's Tip: Leftover coconut milk can be frozen in an air-tight plastic container for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Note: Any curry can be substituted for the green curry.