Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The anise in this recipe mimics the flavor of Thai holy basil, and tastefully compliments the spicy heat of green curry. recipe came from "A Taste of Thai" mailing.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 cups day old jasmine rice
- 1 cup diced plum tomato, seeded
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- In a large skillet heat oil over a high heat. Add onions and stir-fry until they begin to brown.
- Add beans, garlic and anise. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until the garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Add shrimp, curry, and fish sauce. Sauté until all ingredients are well coated with curry and shrimp has just barely turned pink.
- Add rice. Stir-fry until ingredients are heated through and well combined.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Season to taste with additional fish sauce or salt and serve immediately.
- Chef's Tip: Leftover coconut milk can be frozen in an air-tight plastic container for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Note: Any curry can be substituted for the green curry.