1/1 Photo of Green Curried Fish
We ate this green curry last night. I'm putting this on here, so's Tomoko who's living with us can have a copy of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 (50 g) packet green curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (I use light)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 600 g fish, a white firm,strong flavoured fish is best,cut into about 2 1/2 cm chunks (we used trevally)
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 400 g assorted green vegetables (we used capsicum, snow peas, bok choy, green beans. You could also use zucchini, asparagus, brocolli)
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (packed)
- 1Heat the oil in a large wok, and fry the onion, ginger and garlic for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add the green curry paste, and fry for another 2 minutes.
- 3Add the coconut milk, water, lime juice and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce to a simmer and add the fish, and any of the longer-to-cook vegetables you have chosen and cook for about 5 minutes (I added the beans along with the fish).
- 5Also add about half the fresh coriander.
- 6Add the remaining softer vegetables, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook the fish, or knock it around too much as you stir through the vegetables.
- 7Stir through the fresh herbs gently.
- 8Serve in deep bowls over steamed rice, scattered with the fresh spring onions.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Curried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 374.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste