Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From the Green Corn Ceremony - Boskita. Creek traditional. posted by warmpup@...com to the Native American message board a while ago.
- 5 ears corn or 5 ears green corn
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash of ground dried spice berries (can sub with allspice)
- 2 tablespoons butter (LARD) or 2 tablespoons animal fat (LARD)
- 2 cups milk
- With sharp knife slit the kernels down the length of the corn. Use the back of the knife to "milk" out the pulp. Should have about 2 cups of corn and juice.
- Combine Corn and flour.
- Beat in eggs and seasoning. In saucepan melt butter in milk over medium heat. Whisk hot milk into corn mixture.
- Pour into buttered baking dish. Place dish in a pan of hot water and bake for 50-60 mins preheated 325º oven.