Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can adjust all the ingredients according to your taste. All Indian savories are served with this Green Chutney and/or the Tamarind - Date Chutney
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Grind all the ingredients with a little water.
I marinated some cubed chicken breast with the chutney for about 15 minutes. Sauteed some onions in a some olive oil then added the chicken, covered and cooked on high heat - stirring occaisionally for about 10 mins. I then added tomato paste (heaping tablespoon) and just a dash of water to liquify - stirred and continued to cook (covered) for another 10 mins until cooked through. Delicious served with rice!
This was good, but a little tart from what I'm used to. I think I'll try one without tamarind next time to see if it;s more similar to the one they serve at our favorite Indian restaurant.