Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a regular at my home. Frankly I cannot have too many of these but my husband can make a meal of these. Try it if you dare!!! My mum's cook (Kanchi) taught me how to make these. Servings are a joke actually ;) I do not know how many will eat a second but I have counted my brother and husband and the like!
- 250 g green chilies, slit and deseeded
- 100 g graham flour (besan)
- 2 g red chili powder (really) (optional)
- 25 g turmeric powder
- 1 pinch mango powder (amchoor)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 100 g roasted cumin seeds
- Take 1/2 a tsp of oil and add the asafoetida, besan and the cumin, red chilli, dry mango powder and turmeric and cook on a very low flame, till the flour and cumin turn a golden brown in colour.
- Fill this mixture in the deseeded and slit green chillies.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a fry pan, put the stuffed green chillies and cook for a while till the chillies get a little soft.
- Cry me a river!
This is a favourite of the guys who work with dad in Oman. I used to make this for them and serve it alongside samosas and chutney. They just loved it! My mom enjoys this too. You have the recipe down pat perfect! :)