Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our favorite squash casserole. A change from the same old squash casserole that everyone serves. I especially like the fact that you don't pre-cook the squash. I'v been asked for this recipe when ever I take it to a gathering. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit mix (I use low-fat bisquick)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, with juice (I like to use a bigger can)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 cups coarsley chopped zucchini (I always use Zucchini, the yellow always tastes a little bland to us) or 4 cups yellow squash (I always use Zucchini, the yellow always tastes a little bland to us)
- Combine eggs, oil, and biscuit mix.
- Stir in chillies, onion, garlic and half of the cheese. Stir in squash. pour into a greased 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more.
made this for supper tonight,very good,thanks for posting.
i made this for a informal dinner party that we had for 4 people. the entire casserole was inhaled by the 4 of us. i use low fat bisquick, egg substitute and low fat cheese and it was rich and gooey and the substitutions made it healthy. great recipe.