Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really good recipe I got from a friend.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 6 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir together Rotel and mushroom soup in a saucepan over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and green onions.
- Arrange 2 tortillas in a lightly greased 7" x 11" baking dish, and spread 1/3 of tomato mixture on top; sprinkle with 1/3 of cilantro and 1/3 of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese.
- Bake@ 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
We really loved this recipe. The pan I had was a little larger than what this recipe called for, so I put in an extra can of rotels. For the rotels I used two cans of mild and one can of regular. I also prepared it ahead of time, refrigerated it for a few hours, then threw it in the oven later. This will definitely become one of my regular recipes!
This was EXCELLENT! I used cream of chicken insstead of mushroom (don't like canned mushrooms) and doubled the recipe to serve to the extended family. I wanted to make this REALLY filling, since I wasn't doing a lot of side dishes, so I added even more cooked chicken and an extra can of Rotel. Since I was using a biger baking dish, I tore the tortillas into big pieces, so that I could be sure to get tortillas into the corners of the baking dish. This would be an easy dish to get creative with....maybe adding a can of black beans? Or some chopped red pepper? As it was, I just served it with sour cream and guacamole, and everyone loved it.