Recipe by bullwinkle
I got this recipe from a cookbook called Best American Recipes. The time for preparing and cook are a guess. Chill time is not included in prep. time. They cook in about 3-4 minutes.
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (4 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄3 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 (1 lb) package wonton skins
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheese with both peppers; stir well.
- Prepare 1 wonton skin at a time.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of cheese/chile mixture in the center of wonton skin.
- Lightly moisten the edge of the wonton skin and fold in half to make a triangle pressing edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wonton skins and cheese mixture.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil to 375*.
- Fry wontons in hot oil until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with avocado dip.