Recipe by Dienia B.
Saw this as Zeldaz fav and just had to try the idea out for myself.
Top Review by duonyte
An interesting soup, not an unqualified success. I like all of the components of this soup, and I think a little tweaking will make the soup more to our liking. The cumin was a bit overpowering, to our taste, and I would definitely reduce the amount. I added a bay leaf to the chicken as it poached, took out the thighs and then added the cumin etc. I did not have fresh or dried cilantro. Next time i would add only the white part of the green onions and hold off the green parts until just before serving. I did hold back the spinach and added it very near the end, as I don't like the spinach overcooked.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped green part too
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, fresh
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 wontons, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach the chicken thighs in the chicken broth for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken and debone; add meat back to broth without the skin or bones.
- Add green onion, spinach and green chilies.
- Add 2 cups water to which the corn starch has been added.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drop in wontons and simmer 10 minutes.