Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Simply Simpatico Junior League of Albuquerque Cookbook.
- 198.44 g tuna, drained
- 78.07 ml green chili, chopped (canned is ok)
- 29.58 ml onions, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, grated
- 8 slice bread (rye preferred)
- Combine first five ingredients adn spread on four slices bread. Assemble sandwiches.
- Spread butter on outer surfaces and grill until golden.
The southwest flavors really come through in this satisfying sandwich. I did use non-fat plain yogurt in place of the sour cream. Adding the grated Swiss cheese to the mix helps to hold it together after grilling. I used a homemade sourdough rye bread. Made for *Aussie Swap*
I omitted the onion. I used reduced fat swiss cheese and fat free sour cream. I used a large baguette so it was not easy to press in the pan. It was a good lunch. Thanks Vicki :) Made for the Saucy Senoritas of ZWT5