Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good to make on a cold day - or make now when chilis are in season and freeze.
- 907.18 g lean pork tenderloin
- 44.37 ml flour
- 22.18 ml cooking oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 large anaheim chilies or 12 large poblano chiles, roasted,peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 1419.54-1656.13 ml water
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller, sprinkle flour over meat to lightly coat.
- Put oil in deep pan and brown meat, then add potatoes and onions and brown together.
- Add chili peppers, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer about 30-60 minutes until cooked well.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with noodles, rice, homemade bread.
This is the way my mother used to make it. The only change I made was to use fresh garlic as that is all I ever have in the house,and I used chicken broth as I had some in the frig that needed to be used. Served with freshly cooked pintos, rice and small crusty rolls. Thank you for a wonderful trip down memory lane and a short "visit" with my mom and grandma in the old kitchen. Thanks for posting, wish you would post your other chili and burrito recipes.