Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good to make on a cold day - or make now when chilis are in season and freeze.
Make and share this Green Chili Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Cut meat into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller, sprinkle flour over meat to lightly coat.
- Put oil in deep pan and brown meat, then add potatoes and onions and brown together.
- Add chili peppers, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer about 30-60 minutes until cooked well.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with noodles, rice, homemade bread.
This is the way my mother used to make it. The only change I made was to use fresh garlic as that is all I ever have in the house,and I used chicken broth as I had some in the frig that needed to be used. Served with freshly cooked pintos, rice and small crusty rolls. Thank you for a wonderful trip down memory lane and a short "visit" with my mom and grandma in the old kitchen. Thanks for posting, wish you would post your other chili and burrito recipes.