Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
This is from America's Favorite Resorts Cookbook. This recipe is from The Rancho Encantado in Santa Fe, New Mexico and is one of my most requested recipes.
Top Review by bakersquare
I have been looking for the recipe for quite a while! I use to have the resorts cook book but lost it when we moved 3 years ago. This stew was enjoyed by my entire family and friends! So very happy to find it again. Thank you Vicki!!!
- 3 lbs stewing beef, cut into cubes
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onions in oil in large saucepan.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water, chilies, beef granules, sugar and garlic, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Ladle into individual bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with warmed tortillas.