This is my favorie green chili. Good to eat by the bowl full or to smother a burrito.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork butt (diced 3/4 inch squares) or 2 lbs pork loin (diced 3/4 inch squares)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (27 ounce) can green chili peppers (strips or diced)
- 1 (7 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (27 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Melt the shortening in a large pot over medium high heat.
- 2When shortening is hot add the diced pork and cook till done about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Remove pot from heat and stir in the flour.
- 4Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- 5Add all other ingredients,stir and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Stew
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.3
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper