Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Simple recipe that's so easy to prepare.
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- Put first 7 ingredients into medium bowl. Beat on medium until mixed.
- Add cheese and green chilies. Stir. Turn into grease 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake in 350F oven for 45 to 55 minutes until set and lightly browned on top.
- Cuts into 25 pieces.
- Make Ahead:.
- Bake ahead. Cool completely. Do not cut. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 6 months. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Cut while still cold. Remove from freezer 1 to 2 hours before serving. Cut while still partially frozen.
- Serving Suggestion:.
- As an alternative, reheat just before serving in 325F oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
My DH and I enjoyed this dish as a late breakfast/treat, cutting it in wedges and serving it with some sour cream on top. Actually I prepared this dish the night before and warmed it up in the morning; it was perfect. I was afraid to add the whole can of chilies, but it wasn't too spicy even for me. My DH doused it with hot sauce. I was expecting a quiche like consistency and was surprised to discover that it was very, very firm. That would obviously make it perfect for cutting into smaller squares for an appetizer. I do recommend a dollop of sour cream on top with a few sprigs of cilantro and/or sliced cherry tomatoes. This is a great make ahead recipe.