Recipe by bestofyrs
This is easy to make and good with chicken, pork, burritos, tacos, chimigchangas, or tamales.
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease or 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (14 5/8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups green chili peppers (pureed )
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet mix shorting and flour and cook over medium heat stirring constantly under flour is light brown.
- Add chicken broth and stir until mixed well and lightly thick.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until mixed well and till it is smooth and lightly thick.