- 8 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatillos, serrano and jalapeno chilies, red onion, and garlic with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until the vegetables are softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in the honey, and correct seasonings, if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve or set aside while making eggs.