Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Bobby Flay recipe that appeared in the Wall Street Journal. It's intended to be served with his Fried Eggs, New Mexico Style,Fried Eggs, New Mexico Style, but is good with tortilla chips also.
- 8 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatillos, serrano and jalapeno chilies, red onion, and garlic with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until the vegetables are softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in the honey, and correct seasonings, if necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve or set aside while making eggs.