Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another of my favorites from "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." this basic sauce can be used over many traditional Mexican dishessuch as enchiladas, burritos, tostadas and huevos rancheros. Green chile sauce is more perishable than red and should be made fresh.
- 1 lb tomatillo
- 8 new mexico peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 15 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, preferable mexican
- Husk and wash tomatillos. Slice into wedges.
- In a large saucepan, combine tomatillos, chiles, onion, garlic, chicken broth and seasonings.
- Brng to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into blender and pulse to desired consistency.