Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, Chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers (Carefully split each pepper and remove the seeds. Remember to wear)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, Minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, Chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, Crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarsely chop the tomatillos and place in a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- May be served at room temperature, or chilled.
- AGAIN BEWARE AS THIS DIP IS VERY HOT!
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Corn Tortillas, Potato Skins, Celery, Jicama, Monterey Jack Cheese, Cheddar Cheese
Concerning handling chili peppers, it really is unnecessary to use gloves. What I have done for years is wash my hands with a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent and water immediately after handling the peppers. This technique has never failed to remove the capsaicin-bearing oil. Regular hand soaps are not designed to remove oil and grease in the same manner as detergents and are definitely not as effective in this application.