Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother found this recipe in a magazine years ago. We have since lost the recipe and just been slapping them together without one.
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lb deli roast beef, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Mix mayonnaise and green chilies. Set aside.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side bread. Spread mayonnaise mixture on second side of bread. Place butter side of four slices of bread in pan. Add one slice of cheese to each and split meat between sandwiches. Add a second slice of cheese and the remaining bread, butter side out.
- Grill until golden brown and cheese starts to melt. Flip and repeat.
This recipe is easy and delicious. The beef is so flavorful, and always provokes raves when I serve it. I dont usually other with the gravy and just serve with horseradish and au jus. But having those carmelized nions on the side is a great added bonus.
What a great way to serve a roast beef sandwich. The chillies and grilling really make this.
A very nice change for quick and easy grilled cheese sandwiches. We liked the roast beef instead of our usual ham addition. Would like to add some more spice next time...maybe horseradish as someone else suggested. Thanks for sharing a delicious keeper!