Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy, Vegetarian dish. It's good as a side or main dish and is always a big hit at pot lucks.
Make and share this Green Chili Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked rice (to be cooked first, separately)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook rice first, as per directions on the package, usually two parts water, one part rice bring to a boil, reduce heat until water is gone.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add Butter, Sour Cream, Milk, Jack Cheese, Chilies, and Salt to cooked rice.
- Mix well.
- Put in a casserole dish, sprinkle top with Cheddar cheese, and cook until center is hot.
Great side dish and potatoe substitute. Serve with steaks, salad and garlic cheese bread. Everyone raved. Definitely will be served again.
Good rice dish. I like the flavor of this dish. Served it with a Mexican casserole and my Southwestern Chipotle Baked Beans. Next time I will use instant rice, some of my rice was not fully cooked, but that is my own fault.