1/1 Photo of Green Chili Rice Bake
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was made by a church member for the church staff when we were invited to her home for a Christmas luncheon. It is absolutely wonderful and everyone raved about it! We all begged her for the recipe and she was gracious enough to supply it. For the complete elegant meal that she served, please also check out "Dot's Vegetable Casserole", "Spiked Pork Tenderloin with Sunny Pear Chutney" and "Cherry-Cream Cheese Pie and Graham Cracker Crust". A meal that's a perfect "10"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water to a boil, stir in the salt and rice, then cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- 2Cook until rice is just tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the onion until golden.
- 4Stir in the chilies, salt, cumin, half& half, cheese, sour cream and cooked rice.
- 5Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart (minimum) casserole- (slightly larger is better.) Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Rice Bake
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 831.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g