Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 4 net carbs, 5 total carbs, 1g fiber, 32g protein, 32g fat, 450 calories
- 2 1⁄2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped (or white)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups canned roasted poblano chiles
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Combine pork, 1/2 cup broth, onions, and garlic in large saucepan over med-high heat. Cook until liquid evaporates and meat begins to brown, about 45 minute.
- Add remaining broth, scraping up browned bits.
- Add tomatoes, chiles, oregano, cumin, and salt.
- Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer until pork is fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
- May garnish with sour cream, sliced black olives, sliced avocados, or grated jack cheese (update your carb count).