2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 4 net carbs, 5 total carbs, 1g fiber, 32g protein, 32g fat, 450 calories
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped (or white)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups canned roasted poblano chiles
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1Combine pork, 1/2 cup broth, onions, and garlic in large saucepan over med-high heat. Cook until liquid evaporates and meat begins to brown, about 45 minute.
- 2Add remaining broth, scraping up browned bits.
- 3Add tomatoes, chiles, oregano, cumin, and salt.
- 4Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer until pork is fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Stir in cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
- 6May garnish with sour cream, sliced black olives, sliced avocados, or grated jack cheese (update your carb count).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Pork Stew - 4 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 339.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g