Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, rinsed and drained
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, stir eggs slightly with a spatula; stir in milk, melted butter or margarine, and green peppers.
- Add flour mixture all at once to egg mixture. Stir just until moistened (the batter will be lumpy).
- Lighly grease muffin cups; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake in 400 degrees F oven. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm or cool on a wire rack.
- To transport, wrap in foil; reheat in foil over campfire or in a 350 degrees oven.
- Makes 10 to 12.