This came from a Weight Watchers cookbook. Very tasty, with a nice "kick" to it. I'm sure it could easily be done on the stovetop, just cook until the beef is fall-apart tender. I sometimes have a difficult time finding the Mexican tomatoes so have also used diced ones with green chiles (and added more garlic). Serve with sour cream and a nice crusty bread (or flour tortillas). A 1 cup serving is 3 WW points. Update 2/12/2010: This won 2nd place (a fraction of a point away from 1st) today at a chili cook-off at work :)
- 680.38 g lean top round steaks, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 453.59 g tomatillo salsa
- 411.06 g Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, drained, chopped (these have garlic, cumin & jalapenos in them)
- 411.06 g beef broth (fat free)
- 2 (255.14 g) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39-9.85 ml chili oil (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.