Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My standby guac recipe has bacon in it and I needed to whip something up for a BBQ that was hosted by a vegetarian. Not wanting to run to the store I raided the pantry and decided 'what the hey', I'll see what I can come up with. I couldn't have been happier with the result. Even a guy at the cookout that was from Mexico said it was better than his grandmothers. Now that's a compliment. I do recommend leaving it in the fridge overnight for best results. Enjoy!!!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (a healthy shake)
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Remove the skin and pits from the avocados and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.