Recipe by Hey Jude
This is an easy, cheesy light lunch or dinner recipe. I made this with Tillamook cheddar and used sourdough bread and it was great. Adapted from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Lorraine of AZ
This sandwich is a specialty of our golf club in the White Mountains of AZ. They have named it the "Pine Special" which i think is a good name. I always ask for a slice or two of tomato to be added to this sandwich. I think this makes it "extra-special".
- 4 slices bread
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of all 4 slices of bread.
- Top unbuttered sides of 2 slices of bread with one slice of cheddar each.
- Sprinkle both slices with the chilies, then lay the other 2 slices of cheese on top of the chilies.
- Top with last 2 slices of bread, buttered side out.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.