Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This makes a nice luncheon dish or for any light meal. I have also cut it into smaller squares and served it an an hous d'oeuvre.
Top Review by MMcWillis
I've used this recipe off and on for the last 3 years. I add meat, or other cooked vegetables. My husband who doesn't like eggs requests this recipe. I don't add the melted butter.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. butter a 9 by 13-inch shallow baking dish. Mix flour and baking powder. Add eggs and butter, blending well. Blend in remaining ingredients. Put mixture in the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Cut into squares and serve hot.