Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes a nice luncheon dish or for any light meal. I have also cut it into smaller squares and served it an an hous d'oeuvre.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. butter a 9 by 13-inch shallow baking dish. Mix flour and baking powder. Add eggs and butter, blending well. Blend in remaining ingredients. Put mixture in the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Cut into squares and serve hot.
I've used this recipe off and on for the last 3 years. I add meat, or other cooked vegetables. My husband who doesn't like eggs requests this recipe. I don't add the melted butter.
Made for Photo Tag. Simple no-fuss recipe! I used marble cheese in place of monterey because I did'nt have any and it still turned out gorgeous.A real keeper!
Mmmm.....rich and creamy and a breeze to make. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting the recipe!