Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom loves egg salad sandwiches...I was never fond of them until I made these. I call them my "grown up egg sandwiches". Yummy (Time doesn't include hard boiling the eggs.)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I never measure just eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced (I sometimes leave this out because the other ingredients are always available sometimes I don't have)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bagels, split and toasted (I prefer onion bagels)
- COMBINE chilies, eggs, mayonnaise, green onion, and hot pepper sauce.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper (optional).
- SPREAD egg salad over toasted bagels or English muffins and serve.
Tasty! I thought the chilis would add a little more flavor. It was was very mild tasting. This was a nice change from usual egg salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Great way to make your egg salad spicy and flavorful!
This was pretty good. I think it needs something to flavor it a little bit more. Maybe some chopped pickles. I forgot to put hot sauce in it. If I make this again I will add chopped pickles or maybe some chopped green olives. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08.