Recipe by mandabears
Easy, delicious, spicy cornbread that starts out with 2 mixes. Great with mexican food and really good cut in 1/2 and toasted.
Top Review by jonancy
First batch, I used mini muffin tins with no liner. They simply crumbled out of the tin. Next batch, used regular size tin with liners. Came out fine. I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top of each muffin before baking. Liked that touch. Received complements.
- 8 ounces Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 ounces jiffy yellow cake mix
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, water, and oil.
- In another bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just moist.
- Add chilies and cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.