Easy, delicious, spicy cornbread that starts out with 2 mixes. Great with mexican food and really good cut in 1/2 and toasted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, water, and oil.
- In another bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just moist.
- Add chilies and cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
First batch, I used mini muffin tins with no liner. They simply crumbled out of the tin. Next batch, used regular size tin with liners. Came out fine. I sprinkled a bit of cheese on top of each muffin before baking. Liked that touch. Received complements.
I followed this except I exchanged the 1/3 cup water for 1/2 cup sour cream. It made 59 mini muffins. I didn't have the paper liners so I sprayed the muffin pan heavily with Crisco spray. The heavier spray made them come out perfectly! I baked them for 22 min. I used the mild green chilis which gave them flavor without the heat! Great recipe!