Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Clam chowder and Corn chowder in one! Sounds great -- haven't tried it yet, I just found the clipping in an old cookbook and am posting for safe-keeping.
- 6 slices smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, frozen or thawed)
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- seasoning salt
- In a 4 or 5 quart pan, cook bacon over medium heat until almost crisp. Add onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk and cream. Stir in potatoes and liquid drained from clams.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in thyme and dill.
- Cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn, green chiles, clams, salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes longer to heat through.