Recipe by STARTERWIFE
Beef and green chilies mixed with beef gravy. Can be fried for chimichangas or rolled in warm tortilla for green chili burrito. It is simple and good. I usually don't measure, so I'm guessing on amounts. Feel free to use less or more of something.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
We really enjoyed this. I had leftover roast beef and gravy from another recipe, and this was an easy and tasty way to use up the leftovers. I probably used a little less gravy than the amount in a 10 ounce jar. I also added hot taco sauce (La Victoria Salsa Brava) instead of the suggested hot salsa.
- 2 -3 cups shredded cooked chuck roast
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy (or your favorite)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, can add 1/4c hot salsa also (for hotter use jalapeno)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gravy, chiles, and beef in a bowl.
- Put about 1/2 cup mixture in tortilla and roll up burito style (they roll better if warmed slightly).
- Fry until golden brown.
- Can be topped with your favorites such as sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc.