Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great addition to your grilling recipes. Quick, easy and very tasty! Other toppings could be used in the sandwich but we find making this "as is" tastes great. Prep time includes marinade time. (From a '01 Quick Cooking)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained and sliced in half,lengthwise
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices monterey jack cheese (we think Pepper Jack is the best!)
- 4 kaiser rolls, sliced
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil.
- Pour over chicken breasts and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill over medium heat until chicken juices run clear.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of green chili and then a slice of cheese.
- Grill for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve on rolls.
This was a great sandwich! I used my GF grill to cook the chicken and finished them in the broiler. Taste was wonderful and will make these again. THank you. :)
This was a nice change for sandwich night which we enjoyed. We broiled the chicken but I think it would be wonderful grilled in the summer. Thanks for sharing!