1/1 Photo of Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
1 hr 30 mins
Shelly (Goodman) Wright's Note:
This recipe is something I just threw together. So far I haven't seen any recipes that have "cream cheese" in their filler and it adds such a creamy texture. You can make it as mild or spicy as you like by ajusting the spice or add some jalapeno. My kids won't eat anything spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper (jar)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -5 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 7 -8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb left over shredded cooked chicken (or more)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1Turn on oven to lowest setting.
- 2Wrap tortilla shells in foil, place in oven to soften (not too long or they will be very brittle).
- 3Mix together green chili, red bell pepper, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and cayanee pepper until smooth.
- 4Add shredded chicken and coat.
- 5In a baking dish, coat the bottom with some of the enchilada sauce (just enough to coat).
- 6Take out the flour shells spoon a tablespoon of enchilada sauce inside then fill with the chicken mixture (about 2 Tbs or whatever fulliness you like) and roll.
- 7Place in the pan and continue until the mixture is gone.
- 8Top with remaining enchilada sauce then pepper jack cheese and cheddar.
- 9Cover dish with foil and bake at 350 for 60 min (or until cheese& sauce is bubbling).
- 10This dish can be easily made ahead of time; I usually make this in the morning, so I'll I have to do is bake an hour before my hubby gets home from work.
- 11It's also a great dish to make when you've had roasted chicken the night before and want to use the leftovers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.0
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Sodium 1708.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 37.8 g