Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is SO SO yummy served with any meal. This is a family fave! This recipe is great served at potlucks or barbecues as well. You will definitely be complimented on it over and over again, and asked for the recipe. I got this recipe from our local market. I like this recipe because its easy to prepare, and everyone swoons when I make it. I recommend to make sure you cube the cheese, as it turns out best that way. I vary and make it with brown rice and lite sour cream as well, either way..you and your family will love this!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounces green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sour cream (16oz)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, stir together well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until heated thru to your liking.
- Bake uncovered for last 10 minutes.
Ah HA, thank you for posting this. I had a similar recipe I got from a friend years ago and was looking for it to take to a potluck. This IS delicious!!! Rave reviews and people always ask for the recipe.