Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh wow. Saw this on pinterest and had to make it. It didn't last long. Delicious!
- 1 lb turkey sausage (or other kind if you prefer)
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (mild, medium or hot) or 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the turkey sausage over medium high heat. Drain off any excess grease.
- 2. Add in the cooked rice, salsa and green chiles.
- 3. Stir and heat up the rice and salsa.
- 4. When heated through sprinkle the cheese on top and serve when melted. Alternately, you can pour the rice, turkey, salsa and chiles into a baking dish (I use a 8x11 glass dish) and then sprinkle the cheese on the top. Bake for about 10 minutes in a 400°F oven and then serve.
- *We like to use the minute brown rice and cook it while the sausage browns. I've also substituted orzo and it was really yummy as well.