Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These make a great appetizer. They taste like little quiches but are much easier to make. ( have done them in an 8 x 8 pan and they turn out just as good) Sorry this photo is so awful; I will take another next time I make them. I did have great compliments this last time I made them, and that is when I decided to take the photo. Didn't have much to work with because they were almost gone :--)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated cornbread twists dough or 1 (11 1/2 ounce) canother bread dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, drained
- Preheat oven to 375.
- grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Press bread dough into pan, sealing perforations on dough.
- bake 10 minutes.
- stir together remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- bake 15 minutes.
- cut into squares and serve.
Good cheesy appetizer. The green chilies add a little heat, but not overpowering. I had a hard time finding the refrigerated cornbread dough; I finally found it at Walmart.