Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fabulous compound butter for fish, corn bread or muffins, corn on the cob or just to slather across a slice of bread. This butter freezes well as long as it is protected from the beastly odors that live in your freezer. Make sure to wrap well in plastic wrap and place in a Ziploc freezer bag. Or place in a container with a tight fitting lid placing plastic wrap on top- in contact with the butter itself.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick, 4 ounces)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend till smooth. Store in an airtight container.