Recipe by NoeleenCleary
My family used to call this "Cha-Ching Chimi's". They're pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Hope you all enjoy, too. Correction submitted: I incorrectly posted the amount of crushed red pepper flakes. A pinch, NOT 1/4 tsp. Sorry!
Top Review by Southside Princess
We thought these were really good. Made them as written except used PAM spray in place of the Olive Oil. Served with Pico De Gallo, guacomole, shredded lettuce and sour cream as garnish.....YUM!
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded beef or 2 cups chicken
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra
- cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, plus extra
- monterey jack cheese (to garnish)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped, including tops, plus extra
- green onion, for garnish
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (I use Extra Virgin)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- pico de gallo
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl mix beef (or chicken), chilis, cilantro, cumin, oregano, cheeses, crushed red pepper flakes and green onions. Divide mixture into 6 portions – about ½ cup each.
- Place one portion of the meat/cheese mixture in a line on the tortilla, leaving room to fold.
- Fold sides over to about 1” each side – just covering filling.
- Roll up from the bottom. Using a pasty brush, brush seam side with a little olive oil. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Brush tops with remaining olive oil.
- Bake on center rack of oven at 400º for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish as desired and serve with refried beans, rice or salad.