My family used to call this "Cha-Ching Chimi's". They're pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Hope you all enjoy, too. Correction submitted: I incorrectly posted the amount of crushed red pepper flakes. A pinch, NOT 1/4 tsp. Sorry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded beef or 2 cups chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra
- cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, plus extra
- monterey jack cheese (to garnish)
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped, including tops, plus extra
- green onion, for garnish
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (I use Extra Virgin)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2In a large bowl mix beef (or chicken), chilis, cilantro, cumin, oregano, cheeses, crushed red pepper flakes and green onions. Divide mixture into 6 portions – about ½ cup each.
- 3Place one portion of the meat/cheese mixture in a line on the tortilla, leaving room to fold.
- 4Fold sides over to about 1” each side – just covering filling.
- 5Roll up from the bottom. Using a pasty brush, brush seam side with a little olive oil. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- 6Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- 7Brush tops with remaining olive oil.
- 8Bake on center rack of oven at 400º for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Garnish as desired and serve with refried beans, rice or salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili, Cheese, Beef or Chicken Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (1316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 787.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g