Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This needs to be refrigerated before serving but is a very quick appetizer to throw together.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Place mixture on wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Wrap and form into ball.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve spread with crackers.
I made this for a family gathering and it was a huge hit! I added extra hot sauce since we like things with more of a kick.
This is very good cheese ball we all enjoyed the flavor the green chillies gave it. I used cheddar cheese and used more than one cup. Also I drained the chillies well before adding. The cheese ball was still very moist when I made it but after being in the fridge for awhile it was perfect. I used green onions and didnt add any extra salt as I found it didnt need it. Thanks for sharing this recipe, one I will be making again. Made for the "prop it up" event in the photo forum.
This is really good and so easy too! I used low-fat cream cheese and used dried onion flakes (out of onions) and skipped the hot sauce. I think you can add more heat/less heat by the green chilies you use -- we used medium - which was perfect for us! Thanks for sharing!