Recipe by Toni in Colorado
This is similar to the famous King Ranch Chicken but without the chicken. This is from Tried and True, submitted by Janell Reid of the Reid Cattle Company in Colorado.
- 12 corn tortillas, softened in hot hoil and drained (Or use 1 small bag Fritos)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces half-and-half
- 4 ounces green chilies (chopped, one small can)
- 1 cup cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and heat the soup and half and half until heated through. In a 2 quart greased casserole dish, layer tortillas (or chips), soup and cheese. (I did a smaller version and did three layers.) Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: I was out of green chilies, but I was also making Chile con Queso using Rotel Tomatoes, so I used a little of that instead. On top I added shredded lettuce, chopped onions, diced tomatoes and sliced black olives. I'm guessing on prep time and bake time.