Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in one of my mothers' old recipe books. This is one easy dish to put together and now my family loves it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat with onion. Drain well. Dip tortillas in hot oil just long enough to soften. Drain on paper towel until needed. Mix soup, chilies and milk in mixing bowl. Cut tortillas into fourths; layer in 3 quart casserole dish. Cover with layer of meat mixture, layer of soup mixture and layer of cheese. Repeat; cover.
- Bake 300º for 30-40 minutes.
yummy & easy. I went with another suggestion & added a can of diced tomatoes with green chili's. I didn't have mozzarella cheese, but used cheddar cheese & it tasted great :)Very tasty. Served alongside tortillas & salsa. Thank you for the easy & yummy recipe.
so easy to fix and the hubby loves this!..i sometimes sub tortilla chips for the flour/corn tortillas and add a little sour cream to the mix..good either way.
This was great, and so easy! Next time, I think I will leave out dipping the tortillas in hot oil and try adding a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies instead of just the chilies, but the flavor is wonderful as is. Also, I used flour tortillas and sharp cheddar cheese. Tastes like a nachos casserole. Yum! Thanks for posting.