Recipe by CindiJ
I found this in one of my mothers' old recipe books. This is one easy dish to put together and now my family loves it!
Top Review by Frugal chef
yummy & easy. I went with another suggestion & added a can of diced tomatoes with green chili's. I didn't have mozzarella cheese, but used cheddar cheese & it tasted great :)Very tasty. Served alongside tortillas & salsa. Thank you for the easy & yummy recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onion. Drain well. Dip tortillas in hot oil just long enough to soften. Drain on paper towel until needed. Mix soup, chilies and milk in mixing bowl. Cut tortillas into fourths; layer in 3 quart casserole dish. Cover with layer of meat mixture, layer of soup mixture and layer of cheese. Repeat; cover.
- Bake 300º for 30-40 minutes.