1/2 Photos of Green Chili Burgers
Galley Wench's Note:
New Mexico is known for their green chilis and Bobby Flay claims it's home to the best green chili burgers! This recipe can be made to serve 4 or 6, depending on the size of the burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Green Chili Sauce
- 2 poblano chiles (see Recipe #) or 2 hatch chiles, grilled, peeled, seeded and chopped (see Recipe #)
- 1 medium red onion, grilled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh epazote or 2 tablespoons oregano or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. (A water if necessary to achieve the proper consistency.).
- 4Heat grill to high. Form meat into 6 burgers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill until charred on both sides and cooked to desired doneness.
- 5Place 2 slices of the cheese on each burger; close the lid or tent with foil and cook until the cheese has just melted, about 1 minute.
- 6Place burgers on bun and top with green chili sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and pickled jalapeno, if desired.
- 7Note: Use high heat. A great tasting burger needs only to be on the grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side to arrive at a perfect medium doneness.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.4
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 538.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 42.9 g