Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is easy to make and has a lot of flavor. It goes well with fresh salsa or pico de gallo. This was recently served at an office breakfast and everyone loved it. You should bake this dish only as long as it takes for the casserole to become firm, but remove it from the oven before the top of the casserole turns brown.
- 10 eggs, medium size
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans Old El Paso green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 2 quart rectangular baking dish by spraying it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Break the eggs into a large stainless steel mixing bowl and whisk until eggs are light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour mixture into the baking dish, place dish into oven, and bake for 50 minutes or until center is firm.
- Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes before serving.