Recipe by Melanie B.
I LOVE Sushi and I LOVE Green Chilis. Last weekend I was experimenting and came up with this recipe. I'm not sure what the right name is...and I can't guarantee the measurements below are perfect but if you know how to cook you will get the idea.
- 236.59 ml sushi rice
- 59.14 ml cream cheese
- 4 piece nori
- 59.14 ml diced scallion
- 2 fresh roasted nm green chilies, peeled and seeded, sliced into long strips
- 4 slice crab
- 4 sheet rice paper, rounds
- 19.71 ml sesame seeds
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/4 cup sushi rice on a Bamboo sushi mat wrapped in plastic wrap. Flatten out into a thin square shape. Spread with some cream cheese. Add some scallions, green chili strips, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. If you use imitation crab, slice in half and lay horizontally on the rice. Otherwise, just slice and place it on the rice in a manner that is roll-able. Top with a piece of Nori.
- Use the mat, to roll into a log.
- Wrap the sushi roll with a piece of rice paper.
- Fry in hot oil for just a few minutes until crisp and golden.
- Slice into pieces and serve with soy sauce. Yummy!