out of here's Note:
A very good Southwestern Soup recipe given to me by my daughter. I do not know where she got it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb maple bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 cups milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1Fry the bacon until crispy; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2Add onions and celery; cook until tender.
- 3Stir in broth, corn, and green chilies; bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk the milk and flour; add to the corn mixture.
- 5Cook and stir until thickened.
- 6Add the cheese until melted. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili and Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.7
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 1040.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g