Recipe by out of here
A very good Southwestern Soup recipe given to me by my daughter. I do not know where she got it.
Top Review by Mark T.
We had this with company last night and it was a great hit. I added bacon bits instead of cooking the bacon and fat free half and half instead of the milk. Also made Recipe #73440 Beer Bread to go with the meal. Thank you very much for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb maple bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 cups milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon until crispy; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add onions and celery; cook until tender.
- Stir in broth, corn, and green chilies; bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and flour; add to the corn mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add the cheese until melted. ENJOY!